Focal Scripture: “But be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.” Ephesians 5:18b-19 KJV.
Purpose: To enhance the Worship Service through various styles of music.
What we do: Sing for Sunday Services, accompany our Pastor on visits to other churches, and plan holiday music programs. The ministry also sings for special services, and collaborates with the Fine Arts Ministry.
When we meet:
All rehearsals are at Calvary
- Children’s Choir – Mondays before the forth Sunday from 5:45 – 6:45 p.m.
- Inspirational Choir – Mondays from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Mass Choir – Mondays from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Men’s Ensemble – Tuesdays from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Youth Choir – Mondays from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Who can join: Any church member who loves to worship God through song. Potential members must audition for the director (musician). Members must commit to weekly rehearsals and adhere to the rules of the choir.
Children ages 5-12 years old may sing in the Children’s Choir.